Zephyr Solutions was founded in 2008 and has since become a leading supplier of compressed gases and hard goods, which includes inflators, regulators, manifolds and other gas equipment, to retail chains with delivery to every big city and small town in all 50 states. Zephyr is headquartered in Avon, Ohio.
Brief Position Summary:
The Director of Logistics/Supply Chain is responsible for strategic development of supply chain strategies and to reduce overall costs.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Develop and implement programs related to procurement, inventory and distribution
• Create policies and/or procedures for logistics activities
• Communicate and negotiate with suppliers, distributors and manufactures to improve supply chain efficiency or sustainability
• Build a strong collaborative relationship with all internal and external parties through effective communication, conflict resolution and compliance management
• Lead and participate in projects driving supply chain strategy optimization
• Analyze all aspects of corporate logistics to determine the most cost-effective or efficient means of transporting products or supplies
• Identify and implement processes and optimization strategies to reduce cost and improve service
• Monitor product import or export processes to ensure compliance with regulatory or legal requirements
• Develop risk management programs to ensure continuity of supply in emergency situations.
• Manage warehouse and warehouse staff
• Maintain KPI’s, reports, process documentation and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements
• Collaborate with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems or processes, such as customer sales, order management, accounting or shipping
• Evaluate the financial impact of proposed logistic changes, such as routes, shipping modes, product volumes or carriers
• Negotiate distributor supply agreements and freight contracts
• Bachelor’s Degree required; Supply Chain, Materials and Logistics or related preferred
• Experience: 5+ years compressed gases experience and transportation operations experience, including: transportation planning, project management and logistics analysis
• Possess analytical and technical skills required to understand business practices and recommend proper automation opportunities
• Must have advanced computer skills and be able to understand electronic processing
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills for effective interface with all internal and external contacts
• Ability to travel 30% of the time in the US and approximately 5% -10% overseas
Zephyr Solutions does pre-employment drug testing and we are a smoke free facility!