Zephyr Solutions was founded in 2008 and has since become a leading supplier of compressed gases and hard goods, which includes inflators, regulators, manifolds and other gas equipment, to retail chains with delivery to every big city and small town in all 50 states. Zephyr is headquartered in Avon, Ohio.
Brief Position Summary:
The Director of Procurement and Logistics is responsible for the strategic development of procurement and logistic strategies.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop the corporate procurement strategy.
- Develop supply strategies and growth opportunities including identifying price/margin optimization opportunities along the supply chain.
- Establishes a formal process of review for all supplier proposed price increases.
- Develops and maintains relationships with key suppliers including those providing alternative sources of supply.
- Critical thinking and analysis of procurement and delivery requirements and determine the lowest cost method of reliably servicing our customers.
- Work closely with Sales and Customer Service teams to develop solutions and opportunities for new and existing customers.
- Create policies and/or procedures for logistics activities.
- Communicate and negotiate with suppliers, distributors and manufactures to improve supply chain cost, efficiency, and sustainability.
- Monitor product import or export processes to ensure compliance with regulatory or legal requirements.
- Develop risk management programs to ensure continuity of supply in emergency situations.
- Manage warehouse and warehouse staff.
- Work closely with the Controller and CFO to establish and report performance metrics and benchmarks related to procurement and logistic activities.
- Develop vendor performance metrics and implement repair vendor performance reviews.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining stock level reorder points and quantities for hard goods.
- Collaborate with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems or processes, such as customer sales, order management, accounting or shipping.
- Evaluate the financial impact of proposed logistic changes, such as routes, shipping modes, product volumes or carriers.
- Negotiate distributor supply agreements and freight contracts.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Supply Chain, Materials and Logistics or related preferred.
- Ideal candidate would have 5+ years experience in the sourcing and transportation of compressed gases.
- Possess analytical and technical skills required to understand business practices and recommend proper automation opportunities.
- Demonstrable record of success and achievement in the areas of procurement and logistics.
- Must have advanced computer skills and be able to understand electronic processing.
- High communication and networking skills.
Zephyr Solutions does pre-employment drug testing and we are a smoke free facility!