Zephyr Solutions was founded in 2008 and has since become a leading supplier of compressed gases to retail chains with delivery to every big city and small town in all 50 states. Zephyr is headquartered in Avon, Ohio.
Brief Position Summary:
The National Account Manager will be responsible for leading, managing and profitably growing via aggressively acquiring new chain account business and expanding business at existing customers. Experience managing transactions from lead-qualification through proposal and successful closure is critical. Ideal candidates must have excellent communication and listening skills. The National Account Manager must be able to strategically produce proactive action plans that increase Zephyr Solutions’ brand awareness of company products in the retail/beverage markets.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Building leading key customer relationships and implementing strategies for expanding the company’s customer base (as assigned) and expanding category sales within current customer base
• Conducts cold calls, prospects and qualifies account opportunities focusing on Fortune 1000 companies
• Nationwide travel averaging 3 days per week required
• Develops a pipeline of new opportunities while closing existing opportunities
• Builds relationships at multiple levels within organizations
• Develops individual account strategies to effectively penetrate accounts
• Responsible for sales and contribution margin growth across large accounts with annual sales potential exceeding $500k – $30 million per year. Proactively anticipates business changes and implements new enterprise site locations as assigned to meet annual budget.
• Responsible to negotiate and renew large account contracts as assigned.
• Proactively renew accounts without RFP whenever possible.
• Establish executive and director level relationships in assigned accounts. Maintain established or assigned cadence or call patterns in assigned locations. Anticipate changes in customer behaviors or business needs at a strategic level.
• Conducts customized formal business reviews with assigned accounts on a quarterly basis or as needed to address the latest customer business objectives along with implementation time line(s).
• Submits to management all required sales and expense reports in a timely manner. Pro-actively entertain in assigned accounts where pre-approved.
• Manage travel and entertainment to meet assigned budgets. Utilizes phone, webcast and on-site visits efficiently to establish regular cadence with both the field leadership team and large customer/prospect site locations as assigned.
• On-going regular participation in customer networking events or committees is expected.
• Cleary demonstrates a can-do attitude toward supporting new initiatives and programs designed to meet customer needs. Proactive problem solving approach as necessary to overcome obstacles for customer compliance, growth and profitability.
• Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred
• 5-7 years with proven experience selling effectively into the retail/beverage market
• Proven track record of consistently exceeding a $2 Million+ sales quota
• Must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.
• Must be a self-starter and detail oriented
• Must be able to multi-task and prioritize
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• High energy person with a positive attitude
• Experience with large account sales and/or large account penetration, negotiation, and maintenance techniques is required.
• Strong sales, negotiation, and team building skills and techniques are required.
• Computer literacy and proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software is required.
• Knowledge of e-business as it relates to national accounts is required.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills are also required.
• Demonstration of competitive spirit and ability to overcome obstacles to success
• Excellent ability to adapt to a changing environment quickly and effectively
Zephyr Solutions does pre-employment drug testing and we are a smoke free facility!